Tweakalicious Stroganoff Recipe!
I posted a Beef Stroganoff recipe a back in February. You can click HERE to view the “original” recipe I posted. As I was thumbing through my recipes recently, I was reminiscing about a sausage stroganoff my Mama used to make. I asked her if I was remembering correctly, since my memory fails me quite often when my fibromyalgia is flaring. As tasty as the beef stroganoff was, it was really lacking when you actually bit into the meat. The gravy was awesome, but if you used a chunky form of beef, it was bland inside. So, tonight I tried what I’d been dreaming about the last couple weeks. Here is the tweaked recipe.
Gluten Free Sausage/Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 can gluten free beef broth
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/2 lb mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Set sour cream aside to warm to room temperature.
- Brown sausage and beef together. When almost done, add onions and mushrooms and saute.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add broth, stirring constantly.
- Add catsup, worcestershire, pepper, basil, and nutmeg.
- Simmer at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and heat.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Serve with brown rice pasta or rice.
This lived up to my BEST memories! I will never make it any other way because this was so good. Enjoy!!